Gautam Buddha Cricket Stadium Construction to Resume

A significant breakthrough has been achieved in the construction of the Gautam Buddha International Cricket Stadium in Bharatpur, Chitwan. The Bharatpur Metropolitan Municipality and the Bagmati Provincial Government have recently reached an agreement to kickstart the stalled project, which had been hampered by budget constraints.

Under the terms of the agreement, the Bagmati Province government and the Bharatpur Metropolitan Municipality will join forces to share the investment costs. The province will contribute 70 percent of the funding, while the metropolis will provide the remaining 30 percent. DP Dhakal, advisor to Bagmati Chief Minister Salikram Jamkattel, announced that Bharatpur Metropolitan Municipality is ready to invite tenders worth 750 million rupees to move the project forward.

The decision was made during a meeting led by Chief Minister Jamkattel and attended by the Minister of Economic Affairs, Minister of Social Development, the Mayor of Bharatpur Metropolitan City, and the Chief Secretary of the province. This collaborative effort is seen as a positive development for sports enthusiasts and cricket lovers in the region.

The construction of the Gautam Briddha International Cricket Stadium, initially initiated by the renowned comedy duo Sitaram Kattel ‘Dhurmus’ and Kunjana Ghimire ‘Suntali,’ had come to a standstill due to financial constraints. Despite the initial groundwork and the installation of pillars for the parapet, the project was unable to progress. This new cost-sharing agreement marks a significant milestone in realizing the dream of having a world-class cricket stadium in the region, providing a boost to the local sports community.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *